One needs to have good vendor relationships as well as very long term customers which will carry him through the tight deadlines or the challenging times as well as relationships with some other business owners to share best practices, struggles as well as resources which can really give him an edge. The business relationships are just similar to any other type of relationship and they must be mutually beneficial and they also require the same amount of effort to maintain.
Some golden points to remember on how to build a better business relationship:
- Encourage open and honest feedback
- Listening more than you talk
- Be honest and make a routine
- Be real as well as proactive
- Always give more than you take
- Turn blunders into opportunities